Monday 20 April 2015

The Split Worlds: All Is Fair

Image from Amazon
This is the last in the trilogy, following on from Any Other Name
There's not a huge amount that I can say about this book without giving too much away and spoiling it for other readers... Cathy has a change of mind and, as always, there are twist and turns and you're never sure who to trust. That's about as much as I can say.

I still love the worlds in which the story takes place, and the characters develop a little further too; for the better and for the worse. Everyone is fighting their own corner and you're never sure who is on who's side.

I wasn't overly impressed with the ending though. It felt like this was a lot of build-up to end very abruptly but not finally. About 20 pages from the end, I was thinking 'Newman has got to cram a lot into these last few pages', but she didn't. Ok, it wasn't a bad ending as such, it was just left very open. Like there should be a fourth book... but as of yet, there isn't. You know the kind of ending I mean?

I want to know what happens next. I want to know if Cathy and William can achieve what they set out to do, and if Sam can put right all the wrong that Lord Iron did. I think that it could all be rounded up in one final book... I guess I'll just have to wait and see if anything come out in the future...

1 comment: